Friday, December 31, 2010

Finally, A Chance to Go Play

To say the dogs and I are suffering from cabin fever is an vast understatement.  The snow has been too deep to run any agility or even practice Treibball.  Thursday is open course night at the Quad Cities Dog Center, but unfortunately, the weather has gone to h.... every Thursday this month with the exception of the first one.

I have Belle entered in a NADAC trial this weekend at the QCDC, and Micky and David will be running Dusty on Sunday.  We've been socked in with fog for almost 48 hours; hopefully, it will dissipate this evening.  However, the warm temperatures and southerly winds that have brought the fog, have also melted much of the snow, and I was able to go out and run Belle and Dusty on the course that is still set up from last month.  Belle was her ever conscientious self and did the course like we hadn't had a four-week break from agility.  Dusty was pretty good, but he needed body support to not pull off obstacles.  He also was not listening as well as he normally does.  But for such an over-the-top dog, he did pretty well.

Since it is still foggy and my jump standards are white PVC, I didn't try any bonus line stuff with Belle.  Instead I decided to bring out some balls and practice Treibball with Dusty and Belle.  Dusty still doesn't caught on to the concept that the idea is to push the ball toward me and the goal, so I didn't do much work with him.  I decided to see if Belle could still be sent out and bring in the ball that I indicated.  She did a really good job of it.  Also, on the last ball that she brought back, it started to slip by the side of the goal and she cut it off and pushed it in. 


No comments:

Post a Comment