Wednesday, May 30, 2012

20-pt Bonus Line Practice


I set up this course yesterday for some more bonus-line practice.  I decided we'd try this one from the 20-pt line since the handler is more visible to the dog from behind the 20-pt line.  I thought getting the turn from 13 to 14 would be the most difficult part for us, but as it turned out, that wasn't really a problem.  By and large the bobbles occurred when Belle was fairly close to me.

Yesterday evening, I tried the course in reverse.  Since Belle was heading away from me on the A-frame, I didn't really think we'd be able to do it successfully, but she surprised me and did the A-frame quite well.  Our biggest problem was turning from 15 to 14--Belle wanted to drive into the tunnel under the A-frame.  The other problem we had was entering the correct tunnel after the A-frame.  This morning we had one more go at the course in reverse, and to my utter amazement, we nailed it!

Here's video of our efforts on Rd 1 of the course:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment