Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Freestyle Update

It's been a little more than a month since I posted the video of Belle and me doing some freestyle moves.  I've joined a couple of different on-line groups and ordered one DVD about choreography.  I also discovered that Dusty has a lot of FS potential and is very flashy when he moves.  Unfortunately, he alternates between being wrapped around my leg and having his nose stuck to the ground investigating some interesting scent.

Routines at the novice level in MDSA have to be between 1:15 to 2:15 minutes in length.  There aren't a whole lot of songs that are that short, so I have been editing our music with Audacity.  It's been a very intense and frustrating learning process, and I am now totally in awe of the people who do the sound mixing for tv and movies.

The video I did last month was composed of different clips joined together and the music was added after the fact.  This time, the video is in real time and we are working to the music.  (Since my video camera didn't pick it up, I had to dub it in.)

 

3 comments:

  1. Loved It! Fantastic last 10 seconds too...the "high ten" was a nice addition :) Freestyle is so much fun...Belle and you certainly seemed to enjoy it. Can't wait to see your final routine...will you be putting in an entry at MDSA's next titling event at the end of the month?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The next MDSA titling event is at the end of this month. No way we'd can be ready by then. Hopefully, we can put something together for December's titling event.

      Delete
  2. Yay for you guys!!! Very cute.

    ReplyDelete