Friday, August 3, 2012

Upping the Ante

Since the course from Germany was well beyond the capabilities of Dusty and me as a team, I set up this Elite Jumpers course.  I used hoops because I only have so many jumps and because I wanted to work on distance.

On Thursday, I tried to stay behind the 65' line with Dusty, and we did a pretty nice job of it.  Today, I wanted to increase the distance and try to stay below the 50' line.

When Belle and I tried this out from the real bonus line last night, we encountered lots of problems in the upper right hand corner of the course.  With Dusty, the major problem we encountered was getting from #3 to #4.  Even after watching the video several times, I thought this was a training issue.  However, it finally dawned on me that I was walking along a curve as Dusty went from #2 to #3 and I failed to alter my direction soon enough to indicate the #4 hoop.  The gray line shows the path I took.  No wonder poor Dusty kept going to the off-course hoop.  The green line shows a much better choice for my handling path.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment