Tuesday, October 19, 2010

4RK9's NADAC Trial

Belle, Dusty and I went to the 4RK9's NADAC trial this past weekend.  I was really hoping to have a nice course to try for a bonus run, but none of the courses were similar to what we have been training.  We did try on Saturday's Touch n Go course, but Belle had a "deer in the headlights" look when I tried to send her out.  Our distance work payed off big time in Saturday's Chances run which involved sending the dog out 35 feet not once, but twice.  Ironically, Sunday's Chances course involved no great distances and only one Elite team Q'd.  Overall, Belle and I were 8 for 12.

Dusty and I were 1 for 4 on Saturday.  On Sunday, he ran with David Jerome of the Quad Cities Dog Center and went 3 for 6.  (Actually, they would have been 4 for 6, but Dusty ran out of the ring to me after one of his runs.)  Saturday's Q is the only Q I've gotten with Dusty this year, so he will be running exclusively with David in the future.


Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do. - John Wooden

No comments:

Post a Comment