Monday, July 4, 2011

Back to Trialing

On Saturday, Belle, Dusty and I went to the QCDC in Davenport for our first trial in more than 10 weeks.  I had hoped to trial on both Saturday and Sunday, but a summer cold took me down for the count Saturday evening and all of Sunday.

I was a little anxious to see if all the distance work Belle and I have been doing would hold up in a trial setting.  Belle performed wonderfully for three of our four runs.  Our fourth run, jumpers, was under SCT by just a hair.  I realized during the run that Belle was running slow, so I did my best to move a little more to encourage her to move faster.  Needless to say, we will go back to working on speed as well as distance.

I was very pleased to see that I'm not really limping all that much in the video.  Sports turf is just so foot-friendly.

Here's video of Chances and both Regular runs:  

1 comment:

  1. Super job! Looks like your time off didn't hurt anything and if anything, just improved your distance skills! :o) Way to go!

    ReplyDelete