Monday, August 15, 2011

A New Champs Practice Course

This practice course is loosely based on Round 4 of last year's Championships.

Note:  This course requires tweaking once it is set up to ensure flow.  1,2, 13/24, 28, 29, 30 are barless jumps or hoops

Unlike the course I set up Friday, this one is much more wide open and requires the handler (me) to cover a lot more ground to get the job done.  The first time through, when I got to #23, I lost presence of mind and re-ran 5-10 before realizing I had messed up.  So much for not taxing the little gray cells, n'est pas?

I attempted to correct my mistake after taking a rest, and then Belle started doing all sorts of squirrely things on the course.  It was a truly humbling experience.

This morning we went out and ran it once.  We did pretty well except  after tunnel #10 Belle ran to where the toys are kept instead of continuing on course.  I got her back and we finished, but I was gasping for breath : (

For those of you who want to set up this course, here is an alternate running:

Note:  This course will require tweaking once set up to ensure flow.  1, 2 and 5/15/27 are barless jumps or hoops. 

_________________________________________________

I went out this evening to run the second course and Ed videoed for me.  Belle ran much better.  Unfortunately, I was completely winded by the time we hit obstacle #29 and unable to finish.  Here's the video:


1 comment:

  1. This will be our first champs experience. My dog and I have never run courses that long. Should be a fun experience!

    ReplyDelete