Monday, February 25, 2013

Running Contacts - Session 14

On Saturday (our 13th session), I tried raising the entrance of the board to 8" and then to 12" to see if that would keep Belle from running off the side so frequently.  She only jumped over the yellow once (1/20), but unfortunately she came off the side of the board ten times or 50% of the time.

I was pondering on what to do when I remembered that Silvia Trkman uses a wider board at this point, so I got Ed's help to dig out the other ramp of the dog walk and bungeed them together for Sunday's session.  It made quite a difference.  Our success rate was 75% and Belle came off the side only three times in 16 reps.  (I noticed in yesterday and today's video that Belle comes off on the left side regardless of which side I'm on.  Weird.)  Below is the video of yesterday's session.  I probably won't video any more sessions until I'm able to increase the height of the board and run with Belle.  But since another snowstorm is expected tomorrow, it will be awhile before I'm able to run.  Don't know about you, but I'm ready for spring!!!

(This morning I went out with enough cookies in my pocket for 12 reps, but only did 8 since Belle hit the yellow every time.  Now I really can't wait until the snow melts so we can move to the next step.)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment